You are viewing this site as a guest. You can still ask questions and help others! Join our Dev2Dev IT Community to receive your own blog, share your knowledge, and much more.

what is needed for ACH payments

1 reply [Last post]
Guest's picture

I know that PSFT handles ACH payments, but I've not setup nor processed them before. And the info in People Books is scattered all over... Can anyone provide a "to do" list of all the things we'd need to pay Vendors and Vouchers out of PeopleSoft with an ACH payment?
Thanks in advance.

learnps's picture
User offline. Last seen 10 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 04/09/2009
Posts: 3
Re: what is needed for ACH payments

In the banking world EFT is considered an "umbrella" term under which all the following would fall:

Types of Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs):
1. ACH (Automated Clearing House)
2. Fedwire (aka: Wire Transfer)
3. CHIPS (Clearing House Interbank Payments System)
4. SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications
When customers send ACH files to the "originating bank", the bank will typically require the file to be forrmatted according to NACHA (National Automated Clearing House Association) guidelines. ACH items fall into two main categories (1) consumer (example: direct deposit of payroll) and (2) corporate (example: vendor payments). ACH files include a field called "Standard Entry Class". These are the Standard Entry Classes for NACHA formatted ACH files:

- PPD (Personal Payment or Deposit) These can be either credits (like payroll) or debits (like mortage payments)
- CCD (Corporate Concentration or Disbursement) These can be either credits or debits
- CCD+ (Corporate Concenration or Disbursement Plus Addedum) This is exactly like a CCD item, but with an 80 char addenda strip.
- CTX (Corporate Trade Exchange) This is like CCD but with up to 9,999 addenda strips of 80 char.

GEt more information here: