You are viewing this site as a guest. You can still ask questions and help others! Join our Dev2Dev IT Community to receive your own blog, share your knowledge, and much more.

Issue with Excel to CI

5 replies [Last post]
Guest's picture
Guest

Hey,
I am having an issue with Excel TO CI
i don have any web libraries and component interface name in my perrmissionlist so i added component interface to my permission list and also for tht permission i added a weblibrary called WEBLIB_SOAPTOCI and i went to component interface tab in the appropiate permissionlist and given fullaccess for the methods and also for the weblibrary too..
now when i am using the excel to CI i am feeling strange tht my EXCEL TO CI is not working and i am getting an error
"error occured in routine sends SOAP request_submit to DB:"
ERROR
NUMBER: -2147467259
Decrpition:Method open of object'IXMLHTTPREQUEST' FAILED

CompShack's picture
User offline. Last seen 6 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 12/09/2007
Posts: 167
Excel to CI

I'm not familiar with this type of error but have you tried if this works for certain user but not another (may be use VP1 for testing)? If so, then get to the permissions list and look under the Component Interface tab and make sure the user has permission to the specific CI you are trying to call.

Also, check the WEBLIB Permissions tab, the user should have permissions to all three WEBLIB_SOAPTOCI functions.

Give back to the community and help it grow!
* Help with unanswered forum questions and issues
* Register or login to share your knowledge at your own blog

CompShack's picture
User offline. Last seen 6 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 12/09/2007
Posts: 167
Re: Issue with Excel to CI

I know this question has been asked a while back but I'm getting more and more involved in ExcelToCI stuff and have better tips on troubleshooting the following error message.

I wasn't able to duplicate the error but it looks like it is coming from Function sendSOAPRequest_SubmitToDB() located in the StagingAndSubmission excel module. To view code behind modules go to Tools > Macro > Visual Basic Editor (or ALT+F11 for a shortcut). The best way to start trouble shooting is to place a Break point at where you think the problem is occurring and run the excel utility. Once you are at the break point, step into the code using F8. This is a great way of determining the root of the problem and where exactly your excel to CI is returning an error.

Hope this was a little more helpful.

Give back to the community and help it grow!
* Help with unanswered forum questions and issues
* Register or login to share your knowledge at your own blog

Guest1234's picture
Guest1234 (not verified)
Re: Issue with Excel to CI

Same problem :( any soultions? i tried all which CompShack suggested but no luck

thanks

Sachin Vashishtha's picture
Sachin Vashishtha (not verified)
Re: Issue with Excel to CI

IXMLHTTPREQUEST- it is used in conjuction with Microsoft DOM model to request and response(data) from client side in form of xml. so u need to check the database connectivity first. It sometimes happens due to connection information tab of ExceltoCI.xls spreadsheet. first check the connection again n save the excel sheet. n then try. FYI there are a lot of bugs in ExceltoCI utility. always save the connection information page first after successful connectivity to Component Interface.

Stephan Steup's picture
Stephan Steup (not verified)
Re: Issue with Excel to CI

hi guys,

I know that this is an Old post but if anybody else still needs the information.
Please check out this Post from Javier Delgado.
He encountered the same problem and also provides an workaround solution which may help out.

ttp://javier-ps.blogspot.com/2010/02/exceltoci-under-https-with-ssl.html